We are Europe's leading railcar lessor. With the combination of our interlinked business divisions Railcar, Rail Logistics and Tank Container Logistics we offer our customers full-range transport service from one source.
VTG at a Glance
- Founded in 1951
- 3 complementary divisions
- Railcar: More than 94,000 railcars in Europe, the USA and Russia
- Rail Logistics: Rail freight shipments throughout Europe
- Tank Container Logistics: Worldwide transport of specialty chemicals and other liquid goods with tank containers.
VTG is Europe’s leading rail freight car lessor and private rail logistics company. Its fleet, consisting of more than 94,000 railcars of various types, is hired to well-known industrial and rail companies. A comprehensive range of logistics services focusing on rail transport and global tank container transports round out our service portfolio.
Core business: Wagon hire
- Infrastructure Character
- Investments in durable assets with a useful life of more than 40 years
- Long-term contracts and high renewal rates ensure a continuously high utilization
- Stable and predictable cash flows
VTG's business model is characterized by high stability. Rail freight cars are very durable assets with a useful life of more than 40 years. Due to their strategic significance in the production and transport chain customers hire our wagons mostly for a longer period of time. This is reflected in a steadily high utilization rate of the fleet. As a result, the Railcar division obtains stable and predictable cash flows.
- Logistics activities complement wagon hire business
- One-Stop Shop
- High level of expertise in the transport of dangerous goods
The two logistics divisions provide complementary services to our customers making it possible for them to obtain complete transport solutions from a single source.
The Rail Logistics division serves as an additional sales channel for the wagon hire business in such a way that VTG Rail Logistics is one of the biggest customers of the wagon hire business.